Route 20 North Shore Drive
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI 00831-0720
Distance from airport 12 miles
Passengers are taken from St. Thomas airport by taxi to Charlotte Amalie Harbor where a Caneel Bay ferry takes them directly to the resort. Discover the unspoiled beauty of a tropical island far from the cares and worries of modern life. Caneel Bay is an exclusive resort nestled on the remote island of St. John, in the heart of the United States Virgin Islands. Here, you'll explore 7 beautiful beaches or dive into the turquoise waters of the Caribbean, perfect for swimming, sailing and snorkeling.
Completely surrounded by the lush island greenery of the Virgin Islands National Park, this newly renovated resort offers luxurious accommodations, yet retains the simple beauty of an island perfectly preserved in its natural state.
Guest rooms are situated throughout the resort's 170 acres, enhancing Caneel Bay's beauty and ensuring your complete privacy. Bask in the splendor of Caneel Bay one of the Caribbean's most alluring destinations.
Click on the buttons to navigate this page
166 spacious, airy and beautifully appointed guest rooms. The interiors, recently renovated, feature bright, pastel colors, handcrafted furniture, soft goods from the Pacific Rim region, plush reading chairs, commissioned artwork and tiled bathroom. All rooms have patios or balconies offering spectacular views of the beach and gardens; each room is equipped with wall safes and personal bars. Accents include louvered walls, open picture windows and ceiling fans that take advantage of St. John's renowned trade winds. Maximum occupancy is 3 adults or 2 adults with 1 child. Bedding is your choice of 1 king bed or 2 twin beds.
- COURTSIDE: Located near the tennis courts and fitness center, these rooms offer views of lush tropical greenery and are a short walk to the beach.
- TENNIS GARDEN: Also near the tennis courts and fitness center, these slightly larger, ground-level rooms are located on a hill. They are surrounded by Caneel's beautiful foliage and fauna and are also just a stroll to the beach.
- OCEAN VIEW: These rooms offer panoramic patio or balcony views of the beach and sea and are minutes from the water's edge.
- BEACH FRONT: Located directly on the pristine sands of Caneel's beautiful beaches, these rooms feature spacious balconies or patios.
- PREMIUM: These beachfront rooms are located in single level units and offer the most privacy. All rooms feature balconies that open directly onto the finest of Caneel's white sand beaches.
- COTTAGE 7: Located in what was Laurence Rockefeller's private estate house, this collection of oversized accommodations offer the most dramatic rooms and patios available, as well as breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea.
Caneel Bay is uniquely situated on Caneel Peninsula which makes it especially receptive to the cooling trade winds for which the Virgin Islands are famous. For your total comfort, Caneel Bay is fully air-conditioned. Room amenities include a/c, shower, fully stocked refrigerator/mini-bar, coffee pot, ceiling fan, hairdryers, bathrobes, slippers, beach towels, shampoo, body lotion and safety deposit box. There are no telephones or televisions in the individual guestrooms.
- THE BEACH TERRACE: Located directly adjacent to the reception /lobby area, overlooks Caneel Beach. Features open line kitchen with wood-burning oven and rotisserie. Popular for its sumptuous breakfast and lunch buffet, and home to Caneel's sought out Monday night grand buffet. Its veteran wait staff is attentive and resourceful. Executive Chef Hans Schadler oversees the restaurant's menu, whose specialties showcase Caribbean and West Indian influences.
- CANEEL BAY BAR: Centrally located on property within easy access of the majority of the guest accommodations along a flower-strewn path. Wednesday afternoon features rum mixing demonstrations at which guests are encouraged to taste test the creative combinations. Light fare offered from 11:00am to 10:45pmm closing. Live music each evening invites guests to relax, unwind and mingle.
- THE EQUATOR: High atop the resorts 18th century Sugar Mill Ruins, overlooking Caneel Bay with St. Thomas in the horizon. The Equator, a "Caribbean Grill", offers creative delicacies of the islands featuring herbs, spices and ingredients native to the region.
- THE STARLIGHT TERRACE: Located above the Beach Bar, the perfect spot to enjoy a drink, light lunch, or supper while watching kayakers paddle in the protected cove during the day, or reflect on the magnificent tropical sunset and twinkling stars at night.
- TURTLE BAY ESTATE HOUSE: This picturesque restaurant is situated the northern tip of the resort and offers guests an elegant, fine dining option. The open-air, two-tier dining room features gourmet cuisine in the evening, complete with an outstanding wine list. Breakfast a la carte and lunch are also available from Mid-December through March. The restaurants terrace, surrounded by shade trees and Caribbean hardwood furniture, is perfect for afternoon tea or evening cocktails. Children under 8 years of age are not permitted to dine in the Turtle Bay Estate House.
- SUGAR MILL RUINS: An 18th Century structure of stones, The Sugar Mill Ruins provides the ultimate venue for dining and romance under the stars. Intimate dinners for two or a group available with personal service exquisite cuisine and premier wines and champagne.
Gratuities on meal plan options are not included.
GOLF, within 1 hour away by ferry on St Thomas, Mahogany Run, 18 hole, par 70 golf course
- 1 Pool
- Tour desk
- Laundry service
- Children’s activities
- Health spa
- Car rental
- Over 20 hiking trails
- Sunfish sailing
- Scuba diving
- Fishing Boat rentals
- 4 Restaurants
- 2 Bars
- Nightly entertainment
- Airport greeting
- Welcome bottle of private label rum and mixers
- Use of tennis courts
- Weekly tennis round robins
- Horticulture tour
- Underwater slide show
- Nightly movie presentations
- Early morning coffee and afternoon tea
- Non motorized watersports
- Introductory scuba clinic (Mon. and Tue.)
- Tennis clinics
- Exercise room/aerobics
- Managers cocktail party
- Feature movie presentation
- Rum tasting demonstration
- Children’s Program
- A supervised activities program for children ages 4-12.
- Schedule of daily activities and events is available at the children’s center.
- Registration daily at the Kids Club.
FERRY SCHEDULE FOR CANEEL BAY (effective as of 04/23/01)
|DEPART CANEEL BAY
6:30am (to National Park Dock)
8:30am (to Charlotte Amalie)
10:30am (to National Park Dock)
12:30pm (to Charlotte Amalie)
2:30pm (to Charlotte Amalie)
4:45pm (to Charlotte Amalie)
|DEPART ST TOMAS
7:30am (from Red Hook)
9:30am (from Charlotte Amalie)
11:00am (from National Park Dock)
1:30pm (from Charlotte Amalie)
4:00pm (from Charlotte Amalie)
5:30pm (from Charlotte Amalie)